Sometimes converting negative values to positive values can be time-consuming.
This tip allows you to quickly convert a range of negative values into positive values, without having to edit each cell.
Applies To: Microsoft® Excel® for Windows 2010, 2013, and 2016.
1. In a blank cell, enter the value -1.
2. Select the cell with the value -1.
3. Select Copy.
4. Select the desired range with negative values.
5. Right-click on the selected range.
6. Select Paste Special.
7. Under the Operation group, select Multiply.
8. Select OK.
9. Your values are now converted to positive values.
The negative values will quickly be converted to positive values without editing each cell. This will lead to time-saving and efficiency because other tasks can then be performed.
Did you find value in this tip? Why not sign up for our Excel Tips and Tricks mailer, and get insightful tips delivered straight to your inbox on a weekly basis!