Ever wanted to create inventory running balances and could not do so? Well by using simple Excel sum function you can actually see the running balances as you enter new inventory over time. As the stores controller, knowing the correct stock on hand is vital. Follow the simple steps below as we explain how that can be done.
Applies To: Excel 2003, 2007 and 2010
- The screen shot below will be used for this example
2. Select cell D4 and enter the formula : =Sum(B4,-C4)
3. Select cell D5 and enter the formula : =Sum(D4,B5,-C5)
4. Copy the formula in cell D5 to the remaining rows
5. The running balances for the inventory will be displayed as in the screen shot below
If you have any suggestions for an Excel Tips & Tricks topic, or you would like help with a particular function, please email email@example.com and yours could be the next Tip of the Week.
Alchemex provides examples of MS Excel procedures for illustration only, without warranty expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose. The MS Excel procedures on this web site are provided “as is” cannot be guaranteed that they can be used in all situations
Enjoyed this Excel Tip?
Join over 13,000+ subscribers in receiving our weekly tips and tricks in your inbox and to get access to all our Excel on Steroids Tips and Tricks e-books.